Friday, January 29, 2010

Update from Agencies

If I post this - please promise me that you'll go read the one below it about our dear pilot. Get that word out, please!!!

We have the final word. Sen. Hatch said they have to go through the process in Miami. Even category 1 children will be staying in Miami.

The children are being taken to the shelter right now and the charter plane has left. This has left the volunteers stranded in Miami so Laura Trinnaman is working on getting them home.

The shelter is supposed to have the information about who is category 1 and who is 2. So when you go there they can either give you your child (if they are category 1) or let you know the status of your category 2 child and when you can take them. Lori has sent all the paperwork electronically to them so hopefully they are working on it now and your children will be released sooner??

Even though no one wants to see their children go the shelter, they are on U.S. soil and they will be cared for and fed. And as someone noted in an email sometime today “they have come home months or even years sooner” than expected.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you, thank you,thank you lorie,brent,scott,pilot,cheryl and any one else who helped to bring z home thanks again z's grandma

Rachael said...

Woohoo!! They are on US soil!! They are away from that terrible, chaotic bureaucracy. It wont be nearly as bad here. They will get them through the system very quickly. The good news is they are here!! Almost home!

Anonymous said...

Our whole ward is waiting for Averie, Destina, and, oh, yes--Scott.
We are so thankful for all your hard work. Thank you so much for this blog.
We are so sorry about Jessica. We will keep praying.

Anonymous said...

I started reading your blog from a link on my cousin Lore Bunker's. I have read your entries with tears streaming down my face because it brings back memories of our similar experience adopting our son from Ghana (well, minus the earthquake and resulting chaos :) --I can't even imagine because the system was already so messed up...) We spent two agonizing weeks there, going back and forth between the embassy, the director of Ghana's child welfare services, and one very dishonest social worker. I am certain that I have never shed as many tears at any other time in my life as I did in those two weeks. The stress of "we're bringing him home" and then "we're not bringing him home" mixed with "is the adoption going to hold" when you have fallen in love with and held these beautiful children cannot be compared to any other stress I have ever felt in my life! I will never forget the joy I felt when that airplane door closed and I held him on my lap (yet still partially expecting something else to come up and stop the airplane before it took off). Two years later, I am extremely grateful for our experience as I truly learned that God does have a plan and he knows you and your children and that He can accomplish great things (as we have seen from today's events)! I have had so many people tell me how "lucky" our little guy is to come to the U.S. and all I can think is how very blessed we are to have him in our lives! I am amazed at your strength, faith and endurance! Your family has been and will continue to be in our prayers and we will continue to pray that Jessica will soon be with you all! Thanks for your great example!
Sarah

Post a Comment