Friday, February 1, 2008

The Weather Outside Is Frightful…

The weather in Utah has been filled with snow, snow and more snow. That's fabulous for the Utah skiing industry – not so great for commuters like me.

However, my thoughts lately have not been on the slush and ice. They've been on my kids (shocker!)

What will Lexi think the first time she sees snow?

How will she feel about her first coat? She's never had to wear anything like that before.

What about boots?

How do you explain "cold" to a child from the Caribbean? Or air conditioning? (they don't have that at the orphanage!)

I'm also excited to give you popsicles… and yogurt… and so many other things.

And, as always, I wonder which winter we'll finally have you home. Will it be next winter? Will it be the one after that?

I can scarcely wait to get them home. I keep hearing that things in the Haitian government are going "faster", but I've also seen my friends wait 20 months and still not have their kids.

Will they remember who we are the next time we see them? (hopefully in April/May)

I hope that you're having a good day, Lexi. That you're feeling better. That you're happy. That you know you're loved. That someone gives you a hug or two today.

Nathan, will you be crawling the next time we see you? I'd somehow be happy to see your little knees all roughed up by the tile floors at the O (orphanage). There's really not a lot of soft space there for you to figure out how to be mobile.

I hope you're well, Nathan. That you're being loved on by the "aunties" at the O. That you're sleeping well. That you're still singing to yourself and being as happy as you were when we saw you.

Mommy and Daddy love you both very much. Come home soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment