Thursday, February 28, 2008

Thank You

We're very grateful for all the prayers, emails and kind words we've been given this week. It's comforting to know that other people are thinking about our little family and have also been touched by our children in Haiti.

As I told a friend this week: It’s been rough. It’s like the one side of your head knows that the Lord never cheats anyone and that this will work out and we have to keep moving forward. And the other side of your head (and a bigger part of your heart) just wants to pull the covers over your head and stay there wondering WHYWHYWHY and it remembers all the other times that you’ve been hurt and wants to quit trying so there will be no more hurting.

Those children changed our lives. They changed us as people. They changed our marriage. And quite frankly, a lot of it had to do with Nathan’s joyfulness and Lexi’s illness. Two other children couldn’t have done this for us. But the WAYS we were changed hinged on them coming with us at some point. And now we’re feeling lost. Like a screen door banging in the wind, we’re moving, but there’s no real point to the movement. Yet, you keep getting up - One day at a time - and try to remember the small thoughts from the faithful side. "TheLordNeverCheatsAnyone. TheLordNeverCheatsAnyone.”

Thank you for sharing your strength with us at this time when we need it. We are grateful for to be blessed with such caring friends, neighbors, and family.

2 comments:

Perla said...

My heart continues to ache for you, yet I also know that the Lord will not leave you comfortless. My prayers are with you and now, particularly with Bernadette. I have seen it many times that children have been taken back by parents and then later things still worked out. In fact...it was a long road and I'll have to e-mail you sometime some more specific details of how it worked out, but I recently wrote a poem on my blog (last Saturday), if you are interested, about a little boy who finally made it to where he needed to be with the family he needed to be with. www.perlasparlor.blogspot.com

Perla said...

Oh, by the way, I hope you know this is me, Shannon, and Perla is just my blog name (and also my real middle name in Spanish).

Post a Comment