Monday, February 25, 2008

Happy Anniversary...

Tomorrow is our 10th wedding anniversary. It's ironic because the last adoption we had disrupt happened about on my birthday in 2006. Maybe I should stick to dogs.

We just can't imagine these two not being our children. I can't say that I blame their mother - I wanted to take them home as well! They're beautiful children and I don't know how you can be with them and not be in love with them.

We're hoping for a miracle. Maybe she'll realize it was a mistake, and that she can't care for them and she'll give them up again. Lexi and Nathan have a half-sibling in France that was adopted previously, so she's been through this before. I don't know if that makes it better or worse for our case right now. We're also hoping that, if she does change her mind again, we'll find out about it so we can resume our adoption efforts. There are so many orphanages in Haiti...

I've been looking at pictures and videos all afternoon. It seems like this has to be a nightmare and that I'll be able to wake up sometime soon.

It finally seemed like everything was coming together for our little family. (well, besides, the kidney stones, cysts and layoff, that is).

About a year ago we decided we wanted to take a trip for our 10th anniversary. We started looking at different exotic locations. Then Lexi and Nathan happened and Haiti in January was our anniversary present. It was the best thing to ever happen to us. And I still hope we'll be able to somehow have Lexi and Nathan with us. Someway... Somehow...

Looks like we need another miracle.

5 comments:

Perla said...

Brent and Lori,
I can not believe this is happening. I am SO sorry. I have seen miracles happen many times and had birth parents change their minds back. That is what I'm hoping and praying for.
Love,
Shannon

Rachael said...

Lori - You are an incredible woman to show such empathy towards a birth mother who would hurt you (and possibly her children) at a time like this. You're amazing! Stay strong - good things will come your way.

Char said...

Oh Lori and Brent,
I don't know what to say. I'm sorry for the emotions of right now. But I'm also a firm believer in miracles. I'll be praying that you see yours (miracles) very soon. I have faith that things will work out!
Hugs!
Char

leadatortilla said...

I'm in tears. I just heard the news and I can't imagine what you are feeling these past few days. I'm so sorry.

The Herd Mom said...

Oh, Lori... I'm thinking about you and Brent and praying for a miracle in your behalf! :'(

Post a Comment