Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Adventures of Sarcastic Checker Boy

It's a sad statement on our society today when anyone who buys more than one bottle of cold medicine is suspect to be running a meth lab.

I had some MD appointments today, so I ran to the Target between appointments. I picked up 2 bottles of 3 different types of infant and children's medicine to take to the orphanage the next time we go. I admit, six bottles is unusual.

The guy checking out my items sees the number of bottles and says, "Someone must be pretty sick, huh?"

I said, 'Actually, we're going to an orphanage in Haiti to visit the children we're adopting and we're taking some medicine to them."

He says (wait for it):

"RRIIIIGGGGHHHTT!" (picture the rolling eyes)
"An 'orphanage' in 'Haiti'...." (picture the finger air quotes)

That's right, folks. He's onto me. This whole "adopting kids" thing is really a front for the meth lab we're running in our basement. We've gone to great lengths to hide our activities from the authorities - even going so far as to have a homestudy, so that this all APPEARS normal. All that hard work down the drain.

("... and we would have got away with it too, if it hadn't have been for those pesky teenagers....")

4 comments:

Melissa said...

First of all, I love the Scooby Doo reference. Second, don't you love that? I feel like a criminal every time I buy allergy medicine. I can see them not buying the orphanage bit if you were missing teeth and were covered in facial scars (obvious meth signs)but come on.

mlg said...

That was funny!!

Princess Heather said...

You wouldn't have by chance been at the Target on 106th South in Sandy? That is where the pharmacy dude asked me after handing me my birth control prescription - "How's that working out for you?" "Ummm...fine?" I mean seriously how do you answer something like that?

Lori said...

Thanks for picking up on the cartoon reference, Melissa! :)

Heather, I'd forgotten all about that experience of yours, but it still takes the cake as one of THE most socially awkward moments you could have at a pharmacy.

Post a Comment