Sunday, February 17, 2008

So the Rest of the Story Is...

THe last couple of weeks have had quite a variety of challenges in them. We found out that Brent is going to be laid off. It took them awhile to figure out that perhaps they'd jumped the gun on that so they asked him to stay on for 8 weeks to finish up a project and then he's laid off. He does get severance, though, so that will be nice. While we were in the middle of the political circus rings that cause activities like this, it was pretty frustrating. And it's been hard to watch Brent get tossed around by every wind that hits their SALES (department, that is).

We're looking at it as a blessing. He's looking into going back to school to get a degree in Landscape Architecture. USU has a sattelite program down here and it appears he can get it done that way. Brent's very talented and creative when it comes to designing things in his head. He's redone our yard more times than I can count. I think it would be a great fit for him. He also has had an interview for a job that may work out, even with this crazy extension they've asked from him.

And on my end, my appointment for the laparascopy so the MD can go in to observe my "ovaric Beatles" was moved up to next week. I have a pre-op visit with him on Tuesday so I'll get more information on what we're going to be doing about getting those Beatles deported. Should be a fun week!

3 comments:

mlg said...

Wow life keeps you on your toes! Brent we will be praying that you find the perfect job!

Rachael said...

I'm so sorry about Brent's job. Terrible timing with the adoption hanging in the balance and your surgery coming. We'll be thinking of you lots. Is this your first lapo? If so, don't stress too much. They are pretty mild for a same-day procedure. I wish I knew who your Dr. is. Dr. Nelson in AF has been rated the #1 MD for lapo surgeries in Utah and highly recognized in the mid-west region. He has a knack for getting it done right the first time - and we had tremendous luck with him. He did something right because 2 yrs later My Sweetie surprised us all.

Lori said...

Thanks, Michelle! It's been like... three things after another these days. We've upgraded from one thing in a row, apparently!

Rachael, Dr. Lind is my MD. I usually see the nurse practioner in their office, but obviously this little situation was out of her league. I'm not terribly worried about it, but I'll be glad when they can confirm that nothing's pre-cancerous and then decide on when they'll do the big surgery and take out all the cysts. He told me last week that they were too big to take out with the laparoscope. This is mostly to see if they're the "bad" kind (although no cysts are 'good', right?)

Post a Comment