Saturday, February 2, 2008

Let Them Eat Cake....

It's long been rumored that Marie Antionette said this now famous phrase upon hearing that the peasants in her country had no bread to eat.

I wonder, though, what she would have said if she'd learned her people WERE eating cake - MUDCAKES, that it.

What will you say when you learn what Haiti's poor does to try to survive?

People haven't believed me when I told them that the poor literally eat dirt. Thank you, MSN for publishing this article this week:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22902512/

2 comments:

Sandra said...

Lori-

Thanks for posting the link to the article. I think these types of stories can help us all realize how lucky we are, and how much we can give.

I hope things are going well in the process for you and Lexi and Nathan.

Char said...

Oh my goodness. It's a little embarrassing to admit, but I'd never heard of this before. After reading that article, truthfully, I was mortified! How can I complain about a particular craving for cantaloupe when I have good nutritious food to eat in great abundance during pregnancy as well as post partum (while I'm nursing a baby). Wow, we sure are blessed.

Post a Comment