Sunday, February 24, 2008

Shot in the Arm

The day before the surgery was kind of a rough one for me. We didn't know until the doctor arrived Thursday morning that he was doing the "big" surgery and cutting me open, so a lot of my stress was the unknown about what was actually going to happen on Thursday and what they were going to find.

I told Brent I was stressed and he said, 'Then you need to go out to the blog and watch the videos of Nathan. That will brighten any day!"

He's right. It does.

I have one last video of Nathan and thought I'd post it today - for mostly selfish reasons. I kinda overdid it yesterday and I'm suffering for it today.

This video was taken within 30 minutes of meeting Nathan. We're still at the orphanage, and we stepped outside to where it was more quiet so we could get some time with him.

I LOVE HIS EYEBROWS at the beginning of this. It's a sliver of insight into the personality in this little man. He's such a happy, content, dynamic little spirit.

In the Haitian culture, they don't cut a child's hair until they're a year old. Nathan has some random braids that the Aunties at the O have put in to try to control his mane. That's what you can see sticking out in places.

Enjoy! And I recommend a big dose of "Nathan" if you're ever having a bad day.

3 comments:

Maggie said...

It's a toss-up on which is most heart-warming...Nathan and his gorgeous smile and beautiful eyes, or the voices of his Mama and Papa.

We are all praying for your quick homecoming, Alexis and Nathan.

Melissa said...

How cute is he? You can't help but laugh when he laughs. He is a keeper!

Sally said...

He has the most delicious smile and laugh, like he's ready to do either or both at any time. I would love to give him zerberts on his tummy--do that next time you see him!

Post a Comment