Thursday, January 31, 2008

Resting in Peace… and Comfort


Allow me to sing praises to the glorious invention that is the Boeing 777 business class seat. It's a recliner that adjusts 10 different ways or lays flat for sleeping. It comes with a real live pillow – not one of those used cotton balls in a woven cover that you usually get on a plane. It also has a duvet for each person. The leg space would make an NBA player happy, so my 36" inseam was in a bliss never before known while hurdling through space in a pressure controlled metal tube.


The lavatory is such that I was not forced to inhale sharply in order to have enough room to change my mind.


I was able to adjust my seat with such a finely tuned, 10-directional precision that my scoliosis heaved a sob of relief. The flight to DFW was like sitting on a metal plate. The flight from DFW to Miami – in the fabulous 777 – was like a dream (a dream within a dream?)


Bless you, Boeing designers. Oh, that I'd had this type of accommodations during my 14-hour flight to Singapore.


The best part? We didn't pay for an upgrade. It just let us change our seats when we checked in.





1 comment:

leadatortilla said...

I thought you were making this up! I have never heard of such comfort - lucky you! Lucky, lucky, lucky you......

Post a Comment