Saturday, March 1, 2008

Status

I woke up yesterday singing Lexi's Lullaby. My heart hurts.

But, let's distract ourselves, shall we?

My friend, who we'll call "R.M." to protect his box from receiving from loads of "over the hill" cards (those are his initials, not his missionary status) sent me an email yesterday. He says he's flying his kids and grandkids up for his 50th birthday.

His adult daughter (who is proportedly very excited about the upcoming party) said, "Dad, can I cry at your birthday?" He said, "Um....Sure, punkin... why??" and she said, "'Cause you'll be that much closer to DYING!"


And on the puppy front, he somehow managed to get himself UNDERNEATH the old cedar chest in the front room. I couldn't pull him back out through this gap, so I'm not sure how he got IN through it. Bless his paws... :)


Still hoping for a miracle. Thanks for your prayers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori, I just got home from church and was listening to a CD that I love by Heartbound. The first song is also one of my favorites and I thought of you guys. Being as I am a complete techno-geek, I'm going to have to type the words for you, since I have absolutely no clue how to download the song and then send it to you. (Is that even POSSIBLE???)

Sometimes this life it goes as planned within my heart.
One day I wake to see it fall apart.
I'm being tested to the core, I know must endure.
The pain takes my breath away, but I will be okay,
Because I believe.

(Chorus)
I believe God is my Father and His Son is my Savior,
I believe their love for me is real.
I believe in Gethsemane,
Christ suffered pain and agony.
He did it for me, and I will never leave,
Because I believe.

I'll put my trust in God, His plan's the only way.
To find the peace and hope I yearn for every day.
I pray I will do all I can, to have the strength to stand.
My faith is real, my faith is strong.
And I will carry on, Because I believe.

(Chorus)
And even when the jaws of hell gape open and beckon me to dwell.
I'll heed not, I'll find the strength to flee.

(Chorus)
He did it for me, and I wll never leave, because I believe.

I've been thinking about you guys alot today and this song just made my heart want to burst. I hope it helps. I love you both! -Trudi

Rachael said...

Lori - I have had you on my mind so often this past week. You are doing EVERYTHING you can possibly do. Good things will come through for you and Brent. You are showing tremendous faith and endurance - esp considering the circumstances. You have mucho support from this end.

Post a Comment