Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Stuff

I've decided that there's a complete conspiracy around color photocopies. I needed to make a bunch of copies for a Young Women's Activity. When the girl at the copy center told me it would be $.60/page for single-sided color copies and $1.09/page for double-sided copies, I think I stopped breathing momentarily. When you compare that to $.06/page for black and white copies... it's completely mind-boggling.

Brent's last day of work is this Friday. We're still trying to figure out what we're going to be doing.

Still no word on Lexi and Nathan.

And finally, a ginormous THANK YOU to Brent's sister and brother-in-law. They gave us skymiles which allowed us to book tickets to Haiti in June. June 8th we leave. We don't know which children we'll be matched with by that point, but we're trying to move forward in faith that the right thing will work out.

3 comments:

Perla said...

Yeah for Haiti! Maybe...maybe...maybe Chareyl and I can come, too.

Char said...

Lori, I haven't said much mostly 'cause I don't know what to say! But I'm reminded of the thought (don't know who said it, sorry) 'Act as though everything depended on You, and rely on God as though everything depended upon Him!' ok, so it's still a paraphrase, but I trust that you know what I'm talking about.
...Here's praying for you, kid...
Char

K-Lynn said...

You guys are doing all you can do in this trying situation. Try to hold on and let the faith & prayers flow! -- Trust God that "Whatever SHOULD happen, WILL happen!"
It's been my experience through several life "biggies" like this that God is there, in control of His plan, and he does care....and months (sometimes even YEARS!) later, tiny glimpses of His "My ways are higher than your ways" logic can be recognized when we look back upon some of the worst trials we are blessed to be given the opportunity to experience and endure...
Hang in there!

Post a Comment