Saturday, March 8, 2008

Bandages off...

I took off the steri-strips today. I'm two-weeks post-op now and things are healing well. I've probably overdone it today, but hopefully it will all work out.

I don't go back to the doctor until the end of the month for my post-op follow-up. He'll have biopsy results then on the cysts that were sent in for testing.

The scar's gonna be "weak" according to the Brent Scar Scale. It gets good points for its length ("distance" as he put it), but it loses points for being too clean and straight. He says if the doctor would have used a rusty nail instead of a scalpel, then the scar would have character.... (apparently the fact that I'd also have tetnus and gangrene and some other stuff doesn't have a negative impact on this Scar Scale)

I think I like "weak scars" if those are my options

1 comment:

Princess Heather said...

pshaw, scar shmar. I want to hear about the bruising.

Post a Comment