Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Monday



This is the family in the back of the tap-tap on the way back to the hotel.

Malot definitely is an orphanage kid. We gave him a Starburst and he carefully unwrapped it, popped it in his mouth, gave it two good sucks and then carefully put it back in the wrapper to save it for later. (We did convince him there were more and he really could eat it.)

He has a great laugh and a fabulous smile. He's very curious and he's a talker, but we don't know what he's saying.

He slept with me last night and he does a mean horizontal tango. That kid was all over the place! And always scratching (and Momma forgot the cortisone!)

Early this morning, I took him to the toilet and we were snuggling when we came back to bed. He started saying something over and over. Near as I can translate, it was "I go with you." We want you to come with us too, son.

He can't get enough to eat. He ate all the beans and rice in my order and there would be no sharing with me. He ate a piece of chicken and he sucked every little bit off the bones of my pieces when I was done. He has this two-hand method of eating with his fingers of his left hand and a spoon in his right. He creates this frantic cadence of shoveling and gets the food to his mouth as quickly as possible. He doesn't like to eat the red beans that split open while cooking. He carefully picked those out and set them on my plate. He even wiped the plate with his fingers when he was done. BEFORE that, he had a granola bar, a package of peanut butter crackers, and all the applesauce that Michelle's two kids didn't finish off from each of their servings and some bread with butter. And that was just at the dinner table. If there is food, he needs to be eating it. And from how skinny he is, it's probably about time he had everything he wanted to eat.



With his belly full, he promptly fell asleep in Brent's arms. He is OUT when he's a sleep. This is a picture of his "limp rag" impression in Brent's lap. We changed him into his PJs, washed his face and put him in bed and he didn't stir.

Off to today's adventures....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lori and brent
how wonderful he is so adorable what a beautiful family wish we could have been there
Ronnie and Ryan

Sally said...

Oh, he's beautiful! What happy little eyes he has. Mischievous, happy little eyes. He looks so tiny next to Brent. It's hard to gauge his relative size!

My25Cents said...

I caught myself tearing up over your pictures. I'm beaming and I'm not even there. Breathe. Slowly. Pinch myself, is it real? It is, isn't it? Our pleadings will continue for you both as well as Malot. Now that you've met him have you had any impressions on a name?

MK said...

Beautiful! Absolute stunning family being molded together.

Blessings!
marcia erickson

Rachael said...

Lori - so beautiful! What a sweet little guy you have there.

Post a Comment