Monday, June 9, 2008

Why Pack Clean Clothes When You Can Pack Febreeze?

In all my travels for work, I’ve never had an issue with my luggage being where they said it would be. Brent has.

My luggage made it to Miami. Brent’s did not. They tell us it will be waiting for us in Port-au-Prince.

That meant that we had 50 lbs of baby formula and all of Malot’s things when we got to Miami. Our clothes, on the other hand, were a different matter.

Fortunately, B rent had us pack our basic toiletries and a change of underclothes in our backpacks. We could brush our teeth and at least take a shower.

Also fortunately, in Malot’s bag, I have a can of Febreeze – that fabulous air freshener that takes smells out of cloth. We learned from our last trip that you never know when you’re going to end up with a very ill child in Haiti and it makes your stay more pleasant if you pack an air freshener. Unfortunately, this can is not the fabric saving of Febreeze. It’s the room air freshener kind. I figured it still couldn’t hurt to spray it on this ripe T-shirt. It’s got the same first name – it should be close, right?

In case you were wondering, this kind of Febreeze does not remove odors from cloth.

That means that this morning, my olfactory receptors are being serenaded by a masterful blend of Airport, Sweat, and Fatigue, accented with delicate citrusy high notes. I can’t believe no one’s tried to bottle this combination.

In other words, I reek.

That luggage better be waiting in Port-au-Prince. And it had better have bells on.

If not, at least we’ve got Febreeze.

3 comments:

Melissa said...

Ah the lost luggage in PAP. Good times. If it isn't there and you get to go to the big "warehouse" building, do tell. I would love to get your take on that matter to see if you thought it was as awesome as we did. Hope it arrives soon or I hope that those that are traveling like the European scent. Minus the cigs of course.

Perla said...

you smell sounds like how jason described the relief society rooms in france during his mission. nice. hope the luggage is there when you arrive!

My25Cents said...

T & I agree with perla. I can smell you from here. Yikes! I'm also wondering if you're looking for a commercial deal with Febreeze. Sort of like those match.com ads. My gag reflex goes into hyperdrive just thinking of the smell of sweat & bodies crammed together in a bus with no a/c. Hope that luggage shows up soon. Somehow I don't think they carry "freakishly tall" women's clothing in the PAP airport.

Post a Comment