Sunday, June 15, 2008

Maybe I Should Have Hugged Her and Rubbed a Bit of Haiti All Over Her...

The only time this last week that I wanted to put a child over my knee and beat them occurred on the last leg of my trip home. Our plane in Denver had some delays and we sat on the plane for a bit while those were resolved. Directly behind me were two of the most spoiled, self-centered, teenage girls I've ever seen. I won't tell you all the reasons they should be grounded for life, because this one ought to sum it up quite nicely.

They were watching the airport crew load the bags and things to prepare the plane. They made all sorts of comments, but the one that was the clincher was when the 13 year old said the following about one of the women on the ground crew for our plane. (picture the disdain in her voice)

"Oh... My... Word.... LOOK at that girl. She looks POOR!"

I can think of worse things than being poor, child. And she, at least, has the ability to work - an art that I'm sure has been lost on you.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are much nicer than I. I would have hugged her and passed the scabies :-)

Uncle J said...

Lori, such a missed opportunity. I would have turned around and said "I know, it's so disgusting. And just think, she has touched your luggage!"

By the way, thanks for hauling them out of Denver.

Post a Comment