Tuesday, April 15, 2008

And the 100th Post Is...

Weird. This is my 100th post. A LOT has happened in the last one hundred posts. We even have different kids than we did when I started. Sigh...

It's 54 days until we're in Haiti again. June 8th. We are hoping for peace and calm so that we can travel and meet Malot. Things have calmed down - the rioting stopped for now.

We've been told that it wasn't even safe for Harry to leave the orphanage to get food for the children during the last week. If he doesn't feel it's safe for us to travel when our trip arrives, then we'll cancel the trip. We just hope for the best.

On a completely random note....

Kohl, our little neighbor friend (he's 4) wanted Brent to "sleepover at Kohl's house" yesterday. Kohl suggested that he could "ask Lolo (that's me) when she gets home". It's interesting that, from Kohl's perspective, Lori is to Brent as Kohl's mommy is to Kohl. Hmmm... I may have to remember that. Apparently one of the benefits of being unemployed is that you get invited to all the cool parties!

And finally, I need to add to my Good Stuff list from yesterday. I'm adding:

Jeans. Bags that tear open and then reseal with a ziploc thingy. Having your 4 year old neighbor count you in his best friends.

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Let's pray for peace and calm!

I need a 4 year old neighbor that thinks I am cool. How cute is he! I bet you were the mean Lolo that said no, weren't you? Ha ha.

I too enjoy the bags that tear with the built in ziplock. Though, I tend to rip it wrong even still and then the ziplock is obsolete.

Anonymous said...

If things are starting to calm down in Haiti, it must mean that you are on the right path to adopting Malot. -Luana

Anonymous said...

That is so funny about Kohl...I have to say, he thinks it's so cool to have Brent home during the day so that he can hang out with him. I have to tell him quite often to let Brent have some space. Otherwise he would be there all day every day. - Cliss

Perla said...

i love that kohl wanted brent to ask you if he could have a sleep over. super cool!

Lori said...

Cliss, we love KohlBabySweetStars! It's all good! I'm actually glad it is warmer now and we'll see each other outside more. Begone, foul winter!

Post a Comment