Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Freakishly Tall

One good thing about being freakishly tall (as a dear friend who can get away with saying that refers to me) is that I can use every cabinet in my kitchen (including the bizarre little one above the fridge) without using a stool.

It is also nice to be able to help random strangers, like the woman who was literally jumping to try to get something off the top shelf at the grocery store yesterday. It makes you feel a bit like a superhero (sans cape) to swoop in and effortlessly pull down said stranded item "in a single bound."

Doesn't quite make up for not being able to buy things off the rack or having 3 feet of inseam, but it is nice nonetheless.

And a "good stuff" from today is realizing that because you have a garage, you don't have to scrape your windows when we get spring snows.

Oh, and JellyBelly Juicy Pear Jelly Beans.

7 comments:

Lisa said...

Yum, Juicy Juice Pear Jelly Bellies...

Anonymous said...

If you really want to feel "freakishly tall" come visit us here in Italy where the average height diminishes significantly compared to the US. Suddenly your super hero powers will double!!

Anonymous said...

Or try visiting Japan. I'm not "freakishly tall" but I sure felt that way while visiting Japan. I was in elevator heading to the mainfloor when the elevator stopped and in walked a crowd of Japanese. I stood head and shoulders above them all and was able to carry on a conversation with a friend who stood on the other side of the elevator. -Luana

Z said...

Good-Friend-Judy-At-Work bought a bucket of Jelly Belly Beans and I picked out ALL the pear. Cinnamon is gross.

Lori said...

Tom and Lu, I spent a couple of months in Singapore on business a few years back. It was odd because the elevator at work was mirrored on the interior and every time I got on it I would see my blondish head and then my shoulders and then all my coworkers. Truly "head and shoulders above the rest"!

Z, know what's funny? Watching colorblind husband try to eat Jelly Bellys....

Perla said...

How did I miss this post? It is really nice to read the positive things about being freakishly tall, as I fit in the same category. I really like being tall but why can't some people figure out that the word "big" just isn't okay to use, even if its true? On my mission I was often referred to as "la Grandota" (basically means "big huge lady"). I tried to tell them, no, I'm only "Alta" not "Grande" but they didn't care. Its a cultural thing. If you're fat, you're fat, if you're bald, you're bald, if you're big you're big, they're not being rude just calling it like it is.

Anonymous said...

Ahh, Lori--I knoew we had a connection that made us life-long friends...I just didn't know its name was "juicy pear jelly bellies" until now....
: )
-Todd

Post a Comment