Sunday, February 21, 2010

Words of Comfort from a Friend

Because this is my blog and I'm using it as my journal of these experiences, I've been going back through some of the emails from the Haiti Earthquake Saga and creating posts off the ones that I want to remember.

This one was sent to me from a dear friend on Jan 25th.  We'd found out the day before that we probably weren't going to get Miss Jessica home.  I didn't feel like I could really talk about it to many people, and I really didn't want to explain the whole ordeal over and over again, but I did tell my friend, Ron, about what was happening.

This was Ron's response:

Lori, I’ve been thinking about our conversation all morning and I wanted to share a few thoughts (sorry I was babbling this morning, I just didn’t know what to say).  I hope Jessica makes it on the plane above all else, but I hope these words provide you and Brent some comfort if she doesn’t.
·         It’s a blessing that she survived the quake and is healthy.
·         If she can’t be with you, it’s a blessing she’s with someone who WANTS to care for her rather than someone who HAS to care for her.
·         I’m hopeful that, knowing good people wanted to adopt her, Jessica’s birth father will raise her with a higher standard of care, something she has both of you to thank for.
·         I’m hopeful that Haiti will be a much better place to grow up in, in coming years, with all the relief efforts that have been committed to.
·         It’s a blessing that you got to spend the amount of time with her that you did and both of you, as well as her, will have those memories forever.
Even if she doesn’t end up on the plane, don’t underestimate the positive impact you’ve had  and will continue to have on her life.
Take care and let me know if there’s anything I can do to help.

Ron

1 comment:

Perla said...

what amazing thoughts and insights.

Post a Comment