Monday, September 1, 2008

And So It Goes...

I'd like to request a moment of silence in memory of my work laptop's hard drive. It died in its infancy - barely 4 months old, yet still with enough data to make losing it painful for me. Dell's sending me a new one, as well they should. NOw I just need to figure out how to work until THursday when that arrives....

I lost my wallet sometime in the last few days. No idea where on the planet it is. Tried to call and cancel my card today but it's a holiday so that was a less-effective option.

I also think I broke my toe. At least I have a completely awesome bruise on it if I didn't. Dang pipe that dropped on it!

In good news, our fund raiser was successful. We were able to raise enough money to get the food donation from Feed My Starving Children shipped to Utah so that we can distribute it among the people going on this October trip. This organization manufactures a food product that contains all the nutritional requirements the human body needs, including vitamins and minerals which the children in poor areas frequently lack. They ship this product in packets, with each packet containing enough product for 6 meals. They've agreed to GIVE us enough food for 8 months worth for our orphanage. We just have to get it shipped here and then carry it to Haiti.

It costs $3500/month to feed our orphanag and that's jsut rice and beans and a bit of chicken. Everything is so expensive for them. If we can get this food to them and ease some of that burden while also improving their nutrition, it will make it easier for Nadia to take care of their other needs.

Thanks to Nichole and her family for all their hard work on this fundraiser. We are really grateful we were able to spend time with them.

6 comments:

mlg said...

Sorry about the computer and the toe!! I am excited that the fund raiser went so well I wish I could have been there. How fun!

Melissa said...

Wow, this is not your weekend. Glad that the fundraiser went so well!

The Brown's said...

Crap! You have had some serious bad luck my friend!! Sorry!

Glad the fundraiser went well:O)

Anonymous said...

Lori, Maurine has mentioned your blog several times and sent me the link this morning. I started from the beginning and have spent hours today reading it. It has been like a good book, once I got started I couldn't finish until the most recent entry. I have run the gamut of emotions that you went through, but mine was all in a matter of a few hours! I have laughed, cried, felt joy and pain. I am an emotional wreck, but know that it pales in comparison to waht you and Brent have felt. I can't wait to meet Malot and Jessica. How lucky they are to get the 2 of you for parents, not to mention the wonderful extended family!

Debbie

My25Cents said...

Lori - will you please send me your address in a private e-mail? Thanks.

Pete and Mare said...

Any news on your wallet??? I'm so sorry! Hope your toe is better too. I hope the part for your laptop comes very soon. Something important in your life must be right around the corrner? Hmmm? We sure did enjoy spening time with you guys this weeknd. Thank you! ;)

Post a Comment