Sunday, September 21, 2008

Logo Survey

My friend Pete put together a logo for the Orphanage. The name of our orphanage is Hope for Little Angels of Haiti.

The banners on the top and the bottom of the logo represent that the country of Haiti was the first post-colonial black nation to gain its independence. They stand for the pride and the spirit of Haiti.

The letters are stylized to represent the children.

The logo in a couple of color options is below. We have a red/yellow/blue option (which is representative of the Haitian flag and basic children's colors) and a tropical mango smoothie option. :) If you click on each image individually, you can see it outside the context of the brown background on my site. That makes it a bit easier to view it as it was intended.

Please add a comment and let me know what your thoughts are on the logo itself and the color scheme. We're really looking for some feedback here. So far we have mixed reviews (but I've only asked Brent and me).



9 comments:

Maggie said...

I really like them both, but I believe the red and blue one has more impact - looks and feels 'stronger'.

The tropical feel of the second one is comforting, quiet is perhaps a good description. It is a good combinaton, but for impact, the red and blue is better, in my opinion.

mlg said...

The first one!

Lynnae said...

I agree, the red and blue one stands out best.

Pete and Mare said...

The first one stands out.

Princess Heather said...

Aesthetically speaking I think the Mango smoothie version is more pleasant to look at, but the first one has more symbolism with its tie to the colors of the Haitian flag so it gets my vote.

Jennifer said...

I agree with princess heather.

leadatortilla said...

Well, I agree with many of your commentors...I think the red/blue one is easier to read and it stands out. Although, I liked the idea of a tropical feeling...

jessica rabbit said...

I think I like the 1st one better. It stands out more and I like that the colors represent the country.

Brian said...

I like muted colors better, but green and orange don't work well together for me.

Post a Comment