Saturday, November 8, 2008

It's a New Day

This isn't about who you did or didn't vote for. This isn't about who I voted did or didn't vote for. I'm not saying the right person won or lost this election. And I'm certainly not saying this election was about race and color.

All that aside, this mom is grateful that her children are coming to this country after we've had the first black President of the United States. This changes everything. It breaks through things that have been barriers for years. We've had to deal with racism from people very close to us when they found out about our adoption goals. In a hundred tiny ways, this election makes it harder for people to have hatred based solely on the color of someone's skin.

This song says it well:
I woke up this morning
Feeling brand new
Cause the dreams that I've been dreaming
Have finally came true...

It's time for you and me
For us and we
That's you and me together...

'Cause we weren't fighting for nothing
And the soldiers weren't fighting for nothing
No, Martin was dreaming for nothing
And Lincoln didn't change it for nothing
And children weren't crying for nothing

("It's a New Day" by will.i.am)

http://dipdive.com/



God Bless America!

4 comments:

Perla said...

thank you for expressing my exact thoughts regarding the outcome of this election. and that song is sweet!

Pete and Mare said...

Weve been sining this song all weekend. The kids are all, "It's a new day!" :) Yes it is!

Jennifer said...

I don't know who could ever be upset about your choice in adoption or children. They are the most beautiful babies I've ever seen! (and that includes my own neices, one of whom is 1/2 black).

moyesmania said...

Thanks Lori for expressing some of my very thoughts and feelings. What a great time to be alive and be an American!! It really is a new day!!

Post a Comment