Monday, January 12, 2009

Merry Christmas Again!

One of my high school friends and his sweet family came by tonight. They gathered some of their friends up and told them about our orphanage and together they donated a very generous sum of money to the kids. It's so amazing to see people reach out to these children and do things to make life better for them. Thank you so much, T & S!

Their girls also drew us pictures:

This one is from Anna. The back says "To: Hatey From Anna" and it's a picture of our two kids, Jessica and Nathan. She also included a whole dollar from her very own allowance that she wanted to give to the kids in "Hatey". Thank you, Anna.

This one is from Grace. I LOVE our little family in this picture. She even made Brent bald!

I'm getting so excited to see our babies again. Just two more weeks until we can kiss their cheeks and hold them and tuck them in at night. There's still a very big part of my heart that is waiting for the bad news before this trip. I told my friends tonight that I'm going to end up with an attachment disorder if something happens to these kids. I pray and plead that our Heavenly Father feels we've learned enough to let us keep these two and let us be a family. PLEASE let them come home soon!

5 comments:

Lynnae said...

You and Brent are in my prayers that all will go well and you will have a good visit; that paperwork will be processed in a timely manner and that life/love/family will soon all be together as it should be.

Hugs, Lynnae

Anonymous said...

I hope all goes will for you and your family. They are adorable kids and you deserve them!!

Pete and Mare said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pete and Mare said...

there's always a beautiful rainbow after a storm, sometimes there are even a few...

Pete and Mare said...

Alright I'll try it again...
Hi Lori,

I can't tell you how many times Anthonie has prayed for Hatey and that she will feel better. Children are so amazing and so thoughtful.

I think about you two as parents and how you must be feeling about this upcoming trip. I know there is no "normal" in this process, but I have to say that your feelings are so past normal. Doesn't it feel like things are starting to settle? We pray for you and your family often and we just feel great love and peace for you. You and Brent so amazing! I'm so excited to see you with your little angles again.

I just want to thank you for all the great things that you are doing for our little orphanage and for Haiti. I feel very privileged to know you and to be going through this process at the same time. You are a great blessing in my life and in many others.

Great big hug
~ Mare
yeah, that's more like it ;o)

Post a Comment