Sunday, January 6, 2008

Where We Are

So my sister's friend named his poor, innocent, defenseless daughter "Delila Rasputina". Unfortunately I have no response to that. Moving on....

We leave in less than 3 days. 2 days and some change, really. I've packed and repacked and then weighed the suitcases and repacked some more. I've washed and folded pounds of clothing and blankets and cloth diapers. I'm wondered what else I can fit in and what else I need. About the time I start wondering how much Brent can fit in the pocket of his cargo shorts, then I know that I've possibly overpacked.

Two days of work. 1 day of travel. 4 more "sleeps". (We have to spend Wednesday night in Miami - so we don't get to Haiti until Thursday.)

Brent's had a bad kidney day. Not "time in the hospital" bad, but pretty unpleasant none the less. I hope he's OK in Haiti. A lot fewer options there. He has a hard time if he lifts or moves too much. Brent apparently gives off a vibe that can only be picked up by small children and animals that says "I'm a human jungle gym." It will be hard for him to be around all the little kids at the orphanage and not play and rough and tumble with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment