Wednesday, January 2, 2008

And the Beat Goes On...

Thanks to my friend who pointed out that you couldn't leave comments with the previous settings. That's now been fixed. Feel free to comment away!!

I started my new job today. It's a very calm environment and I'm really looking forward to it. So far I'm just going to be learning how they do things, but I think it's a really good fit.

There's a woman that I work with now who is also a "dog person". I was talking to her about her dogs and she showed me a picture. One of her pooches is named "Lexi" and I was able to say, "Oh, that's my daughter's name." Unless you've been trying for 10 years to have children, you may not ever know exactly how awesomely cool it was to say that.

The Brown cousins brought down a bunch of cloth diapers today. These girls have saved the money as a family and decided to give it to our orphanage. We're so grateful and we know it will be put to good use.

My aunt, who is on a retirement income, sent us a nice check today for our orphanage. Grandma R's ward has made dozens of little fleece teddy bears. We picked up a bunch of those today and she also gave us money for the kids. We're overwhelmed by the outpouring of love for our kids. Can't wait to post pictures when we get back. We hope you'll be as in love with all their beautiful faces as we are.

We found out today we have one more available suitcase to fill from one of our group members. Our luggage runneth over! We were starting to think we'd have to put some of this aside until the next trip in April. Yeah for empty suitcases!

I recently had one of those "you never know who is watching you" experiences. My friend told me that she overheard her 7 yr old daughter playing with her little friend. They were making decorations out of beads. The other girl said, "What do you do with these when you're done?" And Sara said, "Give them to someone special." and the friend said, 'Like who?" and Sara said, 'Like Lori".

I share that because it reminds me that you never know who you're impacting. Even all our friends and family that are donating to our kids. It's not just the kids that are impacted by their love and generosity - they don't know these children and their future parents and siblings, etc, etc. But they're reaching out to Make these children's lives more comfortable, safe, secure and healthy. That isn't something you can put a price on and, unfortunately, it's not an opportunity that comes along every day. It's been a beautiful opportunity to see the genuine goodness of our neighbors, friends and family. We are so privileged to be able to participate in this.

Thank you, Lexi and Nathan, for needing us as much as we need you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a sweetness that defies description when, as a Grandma to Lexi and Nathan, I watch this outpouring of love and generosity. Much of it is based on the goodness of Lori and Brent. Much comes from neighbors and friends who are always there to help - a treasure for our entire family.
It may take a few years for Lexi and Nathan to realize how loved they are, and have been from the first look at their photos.

Post a Comment