Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Funny Thought From the Fast Lane...

As I was coming home tonight I drove behind a car with the license plate "STCROIX". It made me think of my good friend and former missionary companion, Char. My curly-fries-shining-star-m'na.

Char's sister and her husband moved to St. Croix (pronounced "kroy") after Hurricane Andrew. The husband is a general contractor and they moved their whole family down there to work rebuilding homes and such. Char went down to help her sister nanny (nice gig, eh??)

Anyway, Sister of Char was pregnant at the time. The locals (those from St. Croix are called "Crucians") decided that since this baby would always be part Crucian because he was born in St. Croix. They determined, then, that as a "part Utahn and part Crucian" that he would actually be a "Crutahn". For some reason that always makes me giggle. I'm sure they were very proud of themselves for coming up with that one. I'm proud of them too. Go, Crucians!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yea! A funny and it's about a kid in a round about way. I miss all of your little kid stories. I still say that you need to write a book!

Good luck to you and Brent and the road ahead of you, I couldn't be more thrilled for you. You will both be most excellent parents. Not only will these kiddos bless your lives but you will most certainly bless theirs!

Char said...

Well, I forgot I told you about that! He'll be turning 15 in just a few more weeks (same day as our baby is due?) Thanks for the memories.

Post a Comment