Sunday, December 9, 2007

Kids Helping Kids

My friend, Kristy came by today. Her two oldest children did extra chores and earn extra money then used that money to buy things for us to take to the kids in Haiti. I'm so impressed with them and their extra efforts for these other children so far away from the day-to-day craziness of life here in America. I'm grateful today for their example and for their mother teaching them to work and give for others.

I was reminded today of something that was mentioned in our last international adoption training. She was telling us that one of the orphanages they work with in Vietnam will wash and reuse disposal diapers when they get them. They just have nothing and so they have to stretch what they get as far as they can. I can't imagine what that must.... smell like..., not to mention the "absorbent" cores in disposable diapers these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment