Friday, December 28, 2007

So Long... Farewell...

My last day at my job was today. I've been at that company for over 9 years. I will miss the friends and comaraderie of my coworkers. I've been some fabulous people and made some longtime friends. As with most things in life, it's the people that matter.

On the Brent update...we go to the urologist on Monday and one of the things we'll find out is if Brent can travel. Given the kidney infection he's been fighting and everything his body has been through, we're not sure if it's safe for him to be in the Land of Typhoid, etc. If he's just not well enough, we'll have to postpone the trip until April, which is the next time our orphanage is sending a group down.

It's maddening that something so tiny could disrupt our lives so much and cause Brent so much agony. I don't want this speck of sand to get in the way of our ability to hug our kids.

One of Brent's friends said that it's too bad kidney stones aren't worth something - like pearls, for example. There's an irritant that gives something back. At least then there'd be a point to all this. We could save them - we'd practically have a necklace by now. His friend said, 'Then he could have given the stone to you for a Christmas present."

That brings a flood of other potential conversations flowing through my head...

"Look at the ring Brent gave me?"

"Oh! It's lovely! Is that a kidney stone?"

"Yes, he made it himself!"

I'll stop there... enough said.

There sure are a lot of things going on right now. Sick husband. Job Change. Trip to Haiti. Brother getting married 3 days after we return.

12 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment