Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Yeah, Malaria!

Never in a gajillion years would I have guessed picking up malaria medication would make me happy. Well, today when Pharmacist Karen put that bag in my hot, little hand I felt another reassurance that this is really happening. To us. We're really going to Haiti. We're really going to be able to hug and kiss and tickle and hold and snuggle our babies.

It's funny how life turns out. I'd never guess that somewhere in Haiti were two little children that would give our hearts a purpose. They need us and we need them. Risking bizarre, tropical infectious disease doesn't seem too much to ask for this chance. It's like my own warped version of a holiday carol: "On, Yellow Fever! On, Giardia! On, Malaria! On, Typhoid!" (OK, it sounded better in my head, but what are you doing to do...)

So today, I'm thankful for malaria (and on the appropriate preventative medicines) for the reminder that I have that there's a greater purpose to all this. And that's what it's all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment