Monday, April 20, 2009

If That's All You've Got....

One of my Sunbeams came by yesterday with his mom to drop off something for the yard sale.

He asked me if I had any crackers. I told him I didn't. He said, "Well, what's in your pantry then?"

I looked at his mom, puzzled, but she knew exactly where this was going.

She said, "She has beans and noodles and rice probably."

He gave this deep, resigned sigh and said, "Well, I guess I'll take the noodles then."

Note to self: Keep treats in house for when friends come by. It'll be good practice for when the babies actually come home.

5 comments:

Perla said...

that is hilarious. and also embarrassing since my kids do that all the time.

Meltmomma said...

It's true, mine do that too ! They love to eat at other peoples homes (even the stuff they won't usually touch at our house :)
Bambi

Maggie said...

I remember the son of a dear neighbor and friend, who came to our home one day with his father, when he was about this age. He marched straight into the kitchen, open the fridge, and said, "I just want to see what you folks drink"!

leadatortilla said...

Ahhhh! There are so many blog-worthy comments from that kid! Thank you so much for being a good sport and laughing along side me!

David Lee said...

You're gonna just love it when your son and his friends are 13-18 and they wander about the neighborhood like a pack of ravenous wolves - taking turns going in and out of homes and picking the frig and pantry clean...you really do need to start that part of your food storage now to 'prepare against the day'......

Post a Comment