Friday, December 18, 2009

If We Invested in Funeral Homes, They'd Find a Cure for Death...

If I didn't know me, I'd think I was making up my own life. Seriously... how do these things keep happening to us?

On Tuesday we got word that Jessica's birth father had come to the orphanage and taken her back.

Anyone besides me having horrible, terrible flashbacks to the other times this has happened to us. We lost Lexi and Nathan in February of 2008. We lost Malot in October of 2008. Not to mention Asnica before we started Haiti.

We've had a horrible, terrible, no good, very bad few days.

As far as we know, Jessica's birth father hasn't had contact with her for at least a year and a half. She's not even 3 yet, so that's a very large portion of her life.

HE isn't the one that Jessica thinks of when she wants to know where her Papa is. He's not her Papa.

Today we got word that our contacts in Haiti have found someone from the area where Jessica's father lives and that they are working to get her back. The information we do have is positive as it appears that he does want to bring her back but has some issues he is working through. I don't have much more detail beyond that, but we're trying to have hope.

After all, we got Nathan back in October of 2008. Stranger things have definitely happened.

Please keep our Jessica and our little family in your prayers.

13 comments:

Kristi said...

Ok seriously. Tears are rolling down my cheeks. This seems so terribly unfair. How does this keep happening? I am so sorry. More sorry than words can express. I am so so sorry.

R AND R AND Z said...

no words I have no words this is so horrible i a sorry to hears this your family will be in our thoughts and are hearts

David and Candice said...

That Suck's excuse our words but that does! we will keep you guys in our prayers...let us know if we can do anything. We will keep positive thoughts that he will come to his senses. we love you guys:)-Candice

Lore said...

I hope and pray he makes the best choice for her, that being to have a happy life with the two people who love her most.
I wish I could express how sad I feel, I too have no words to explain it. - Lore

Melissa said...

Oh Lori! I am so so so sorry that you have to continue to go through these things. You are in our prayers.

Meltmomma said...

Lori,
Our hearts are heavy for you. You & your family are in our prayers.Praying for God's divine intervention!
Bambi

Pete and Mare said...

Lori and Brent,

Wow! We are soooo sorry! We are pleading for angels above to bring your sweet Jessica back to you. We are sending lots of faith and love your way. Please let us know if there is anything that we can do. We love you guys! ~Mare and Pete

Suzanne said...

Brent and Lori,

My heart aches for you! Having had our whole world crash down in front of our very eyes at the very end of our adoption....I know the pain is very real! In our darkest days we prayed for whatever was best for the girls and tried to keep on going. In the end....through a series of nothing less then miracles...they did indeed come home.

I pray your precious Jessica comes home to you as well. My girls love her videos and jump up and down and yell her name to watch them.

Take care my friends. May God grant you the strength you need to make it through this as well. Miracles DO take place everyday!

suzanne

Thomas said...

My heart aches for you. I will pray my heart out that Jessica is brought back to the O and eventually into your home. I know eventually you will be sharing the tremendous news that they are coming home, but until that day, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Julie said...

I will pray for a reversal of Jessica's bio father's actions and that he will bring her back to the O. Please know that there are many people who will be praying for you!

Julie said...

I just know Jessica will be reunited with her papa and mamma. You are in my prayers constantly.

Anonymous said...

This breaks my heart. I can only hope that he loves Jessica enough to let her come home to you! My father took me from my mom when I was her age. After a few days, even though I was a total Daddy's girl, he realized he'd done the wrong thing for me, and took me back to my mom. I truly hope her father will do the same. She needs you guys.

Unknown said...

I know this pain. I am so sorry and will pray that sweet Jessica is returned.

Post a Comment