Monday, June 1, 2009

Thank You for Visiting the Pit of Despair! Have a Nice Day!

Today is like Christmas except there's no snow on the ground and no tree and Target doesn't have aisles of impulse shopping items.

Today we found out that our file is finally out of IBESR (or, as my friend and fellow adoptive momma, Melissa, calls it "The Pit of Despair"). Approximately 6.5 months later and we're finally (read that "FINALLY!!!") done with the first Haitian government office.

Two more to go. Plus USCIS. Plus lots of waiting. I'll update the timeline on the side so you can see where we are and where we have to go.

But, we've checked off a box - one item down on our very slow "to-do" list before we get to bring our babies home.

We also received pictures today.

Did I mention today was like Christmas?


So, to answer all the questions that are going to flood at me from both of my readers:

Q: Yeah! You're done with IBESR! Does that mean you know when you'll bring them home?
A: Unfortunately, no. It just means we have a required step completed. Think of it as passing a level on Donkey Kong. You're closer, but you still have to save the Princess.

Q: Are you so excited that you get to fly to Haiti at the end of next week?
A: Why, yes! Yes, we are VERY excited. I hear that Haiti is hotter than Hades right now. An internet friend is there picking up her little boy right now and she says it's miserable hot. We can hardly wait! My good friend, Tia, is coming as well on this trip and will be helping out at the orphanage. We're so excited for her to meet our babies. She'll be the first person from our "pre-Haiti" life to actually meet them and it makes it seem that much more real for me.

Q: How can you possibly stand how cute they are?
A: It's a tough job, but we try to bear it up as best we can.

Q: I love Nathan's lips! Where can I find some like those for myself?
A: Oh, sweet friend.... on this I cannot help you. You've either got it, or you don't!

20 comments:

David and Candice said...

You guys have to feel so much relief,One step out of a thousand but at least it's forward this time and not a thousand back!!yeah we are so happy for you guys. we found out we are now in IBESR. see you guys real soon....Candice

R AND R AND Z said...

they look great. and it is like christmas. congrats on getting out i IBESR hugh step

Melissa said...

I am so happy for you guys! IBESR is a HUGE milestone! Congrats!

Thomas said...

Break out the egg nog! It is time to celebrate. You flew thru IBESR compared to us, you showoffs. Yippee dippee happy dance for Lori! Big congrats and hugs to you

The Brown's said...

Oh- I am so HAPPY for you! It seemed like christmas to me too!!! Merry Christmas:O)

Tifanni said...

Yeah!!!!
Congrats. How awesome that you are not only out, but we'll be visiting your cute kids in just a few days. What a wonderful trip you will have

The Bergstedt's said...

Yea!!!! What a great feeling. Merry Christmas.

Salzwedel Family said...

Congrats on exiting the pit! How is it possible that they get cuter all the time?

Not Betty Crocker said...

Woohoo! Every step counts and I remember being so excited once we through with another one. So I'm very excited that you are done with IBESR. I'm also VERY excited that you go get to see your babies this month. Enjoy!

Meltmomma said...

Congrats on being out of IBESR :) The kids look great ! We are looking forward to meeting you all soon !
Bambi

Lost Creek Soaps said...

OH LORI! It is a great day! This process feels like it is forever long....I know! I wish your babies were home with you now.... But as with childbirth I have forgotten the pain of the wait, for the most part. I pray that things speed up for you with no more bumps in the road!

Suzanne (Mom to two beautiful Haitian daughters that feel like they have always been with us)

Heather said...

Hooray!

Rachael said...

Such wonderful news!! That definitely brightened up my afternoon!

leadatortilla said...

WOO-HOOOOOOO!!! (I did yell that out really loud!) And, since I can't have those lips, perhaps I'll settle for a kiss when comes home!

Anonymous said...

They are so beautiful! I'm glad you get to go visit them at the end of this week.

Pete and Mare said...

they are just adorable! congratulations on ibser it's always such a blessing to move another step closer.

Anonymous said...

YEA!!!! We are so happy for all of you! What a wonderful day and week to come! Congrats! Love, Trudi

Perla said...

oh, hurray! i am so happy to hear some good news! any hoop jumped through is a triumph!

Kristi said...

Oh Yeah!!!!! Bye Bye IBESR!!!! :-) Hopefully everything else will pass quickly and this trip will be your last "visit" :-) It is hot in Haiti. I never ever complain about being hot and I never ever ever sweat (I sparkle) but I was hot and sweat was dripping it was disgusting but I totally appreciated the cold showers and lots of water!

Lisa Lee said...

They are SO beautiful. Hope the upcoming trip is the same.

Post a Comment