Monday, June 13, 2011

Sweetness 101

Sweetness,
You've said some very sweet things lately.  I thought I'd take a few minutes to jot them down here.

Daddy was laid off several weeks ago.  He's been working hard at home, putting in the backyard, and focusing more time on Bèl Haiti.  You have so enjoyed spending more time with Daddy.  Today, you came back from Home Depot with Daddy and were so excited to show me that Daddy got you your own "work glubs" (gloves). 

If there's anything you love more than trains and mashed potatoes, it's digging in the dirt!
___________
The other day you were listing off everyone in our family.  "Grandma love me; Grandpa love me; Aunt love me; Uncle love me... MAMA, EVERYBODY LOVE ME!" you exclaimed, throwing your arms wide and with a big grin on your face!

___________
Another afternoon you were whining and I said, "Nate, why are you whining?"

"I not whining," you said.  "I squeaking."

Oh!  My mistake, Son.  Sorry about that.
___________
Sunday afternoon you said, "Mama, this is a good house for me."

I'm not sure how much you knew what you were saying, but I think this is a good house for you, too, Sweet Boy.  This is exactly where you should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment