Tuesday, May 5, 2009

No, Really... I'm Ironman!

I used to have super short hair.

One day I wore a scarf to work in my hair. When I went to lunch in the completely packed cafeteria that day, a woman that I didn't know came running up to me, calling my name very excitedly.

I started looking around to see if I was on fire or something... I honestly didn't know this woman and was concerned that she was so... excited... to see me.

"Lori!" she exclaimed. "Your hair!! It looks so FEMININE!! Not like it normally looks AT ALL."

Um....

So the next time I went to my stylist I relayed this little story to her and jokingly said that maybe we needed to mix things up a bit with my hair.

She looked at me and said (quite seriously), "Honey, it's not your hair. You need a boob job."

:)

She's a good friend and I still think it's one of the funniest things anyone has ever said to me. I still laugh when I think about it.

I'm built mostly like a yardstick. The only curves in my figure are the ones from my scoliosis. On top of that, I'm not a "girly girl". I don't do much makeup and I can't spend more than $30 on anything without getting heart failure.

So, tonight while I was doing yardwork I was watching my little neighbor Kohl run around in his Ironman Halloween costume. He was having so much fun. It's a cute little costume - it even has a mask and sculpted "muscles".

That's about when it hit me that my Victoria's Secret Miracle Bras are the "grown woman" equivalent of Kohl's Halloween costume - just more expensive.

Sigh...

7 comments:

David and Candice said...

You are Pretty just the way you are!! but that post is so funny I could not quite Laughing because its so true we are all just one made up person. when we take our costumes off the guys in our life are like "hey she is not what she really is".we tricked ya!-Candice

Anonymous said...

I miss talking to you and hearing all of your great stories!! Love ya!

Pete and Mare said...

Hi Lori, you are not only pretty but very funny too. you are such a wonderful person! thanks for making me laugh. i grew up in the south, was a skinny bean pole too with a big butt.can you imagine what the southern boys had to say about that? I am sooo glad high school is over!! lol have a great day! ~Mare

Maggie said...

hmmm...kind of like Darth Vader, isn't it!

leadatortilla said...

LOL!!! I am so laughing out loud (and I don't usually do that when alone!). Oh my.... I just don't have the words but what a gem for your stylist to say that! hee hee hee... thanks for the laugh!

Anonymous said...

LOL.............

Cliss

Heather said...

Seriously could I just hire you to come over and make me laugh? Loved this...especially from one non-girly girl to another! Heather

Post a Comment