Sunday, November 25, 2007

Sunday

It's amazing how many weird moments cause me to think about my children - these two little souls so far away that don't even know they have a new mommy and daddy waiting for them. I wonder what they're doing at different points of the day. Are they getting enough to eat? Are they healthy? Are they lonely? Does Lexi understand why she's in the orphanage? Is someone loving my Nathan to sleep? Does he sleep through the night? Who is meeting his needs? Is someone there to rock him back to sleep?

I hope that someone is there to wipe their tears and comfort them... to provide some love, even though it's not the unconditional, eternal kind we long to shower on them. I hope they sense that we are waiting and that we are theirs as much as they are ours.

I need to carry a notebook so I can jot down the random things that I need to remember to pack. I want to put my little girl in dresses, but I need to remember to make them lightweight cotton - no scratchy frou-frou and lace. Bubble bath... Goldfish crackers... Spray-on sunblock for my sweet, bald husband's head... Add it to the list.

No comments:

Post a Comment