Monday, November 28, 2011

Super Magic Squeaky Shoes

So my Uncle John and his lovely wife, Gail came into town a few weeks ago to see the family.  I kept thinking I'd get pictures from a relative and then post about this, but apparently my "get around" isn't getting around, so we're posting as is.

Nate still has some stress in noisy areas, particularly with lots of people.  Let's not talk about what restaurants are like.  At any rate, Nate had a "freak out" moment and Mama took him in the other room while he calmed down.

When we came back into the area where the family was, Uncle John could see there was some stress, so he came over and said, "Nathan, did you know that your mom has magic shoes?"  He then proceeded to reach down and "squeak" the toe of my shoe, while holding a squeaker (like from a dog toy) in his hand so Nate couldn't see it.

You should have seen the look on Nate's face.  Magic!  He was enthralled!

Uncle John kept it up with the rest of the "littles" that afternoon.  Everyone's shoes had some magic spot on them and the kids were all amazed.


That night when I was getting Nate ready for bed, he wanted me to squeak his feet.  Of course I don't have Uncle John's magic fingers, so neither his shoes nor his toes squeaked when Mama did it.  Nate said, "Just smash it harder, Mama!"  He was determined to get a squeak sound out of there somehow!

Several times since then, when Nate's in the bathtub, he'll say, "Mama, my finger's magic?" and then he'll reach down and "squeak" his toe.  Obviously, it makes no noise, but he always says, "Yup.  I can hear it!"

So, Uncle John... the "icing" on the cake for this story... I was just sitting with Nate on my lap and my laptop and he was calling out the kind of toys he wants to ask Santa to bring.  We're googling pictures and then putting them on a letter for Nate to send to Santa.

Nate's listing off all the awesome toys he can think of from everything he loves... Thomas the Train, Toothless the Dragon, Whales, Elephants... and then he says, "Santa bring me an Uncle John toy?"

I told him Santa doesn't have Uncle John toys, but we have our very own REAL Uncle John.  He was satisfied.

Thanks for making our holiday season merry and bright!

Lori

P.S.  He LOVES the cowboy rubber ducky.  It's definitely a favorite!  Thank you again.

No comments:

Post a Comment