Monday, March 21, 2011

Prayers of the Children

My dear Sweetness,

One of my favorite moments of the day is helping you to say your prayers at night.

You're so sweet... when you fold your arms, you call it "folding my prayers."

"Look, Mama... I folding my prayers," you tell me.

You've been repeating what I tell you, dutifully, so I recently decided we could branch out and let you say your own prayers.

I start by asking you "how do we start" and then you open your prayer with, "Heavenly Father...."

Then I ask you what you are thankful for.

You usually sigh deeply and then say, "Thank you for my doggies and my mommies and my daddies and my doggies."  I'm not sure why we're plural, but the doggies are always there twice.  :)

Then I keep asking you what you're thankful for until you seem to have listed everything you can think of that night.

The things you list touch me and remind me of where you've been, where you are and how far we've all come in the last year.

Here are some of the things you've been thankful for in the last few weeks:

1.  "Thank you eating"

2.  "Thank you playing"

3.  "Thank you for covers" (that's what he calls blankets particularly the blanket his Grandma made him)

4.  "Thank you for my house"




and my personal favorite:

"Thank you Daddy tickles my 'pits"



Thank you for helping me remember all that we have to be grateful for.

I love you, Sweetness. 
Mama


No comments:

Post a Comment