Monday, December 20, 2010

Smosh It

My Dear Baby Boy,
We live about a block from our church.

Yesterday it took the two of us about 20 minutes to walk home.  Even though it was raining.  And even though it was only a block.

You were so excited to find every little spot of snow that the rain hadn't yet melted and "smosh it".  You'd find one and raise your foot over it and then look up at me and say, "Mama, I smosh it!" and then delightedly stomp on the snow.

There was also a small child crying during church. You turned to me and said, 'They not listen to their mother."  I'm so proud of you for realizing that it's good to listen to mommies.

This evening you finally caught on to what I've been telling you about Santa bringing you presents.  You said, "Santa bring me TOYS?  Santa bring Nathan choo-choos?"

I happen to have it on very good authority that yes, dear Nathan, Santa has a choo-choo for you.

You said that Mama should ask Santa for a train, too.  You said, "Mama need train too."  I love it when you say, "Mama, come play with me" and then we zoom your cars around or chase each other or color.

I told you it was just "a few more sleeps" until Christmas and you thought that was pretty cool.  It's so fun to see that you're finally excited about this tradition that has thrilled me my whole life.

I love you, Little Man.  Thank you for bringing the magic to Christmas this year.

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment