Monday, May 19, 2008

3 weeks

We meet Malot 21 days from today. 20 days til we get on the plane. I'd better make sure everything is still lined up with all the reservations.



We FINALLY got his official referral today. We've learned that they don't know when his birthday is. He's somewhere in his 3rd year. His parents were very poor and his mother gave him to his father when she could no longer feed him. The father had him for a few months and then when he could no longer feed him he left him at the orphanage. He weighs 26 lbs. We received this little blurb about him:

Malot has a radiant smile. He loved following two of the young women volunteers around. He shared well with the other children but when given a new toy car he refused to put it down and a few days later he was still carrying it around.

And we're told he has a healthy appetite.

You know how sometimes you see someone and then you hear their name and you think, "Yes. They look like a (insert name here)"?

What does Malot look like? The only boy's name we could agree on was Nathan and we've lost him. We need a new name for Malot. We'll probably keep Malot for his middle name. And remember the last name we have to work with is Rosenlof. That's where it gets tricky.

So.... What name does Malot look like?

9 comments:

mlg said...

Lori, I am so excited to be going to Haiti, we still do not have a referral yet but hopefully it will come soon! I think he looks like a Marc!

Perla said...

Hi Lori! I loved reading about Malot!
I think he looks like Miles.

Anonymous said...

I'm soooo excited for you! Do you think Trevor Malot Rosenlof might be able to come home with you?

-Luana

Anonymous said...

Lori
We are so happy for you both. I wish we could be there when you meet your little gut he is so adorable. I think he looks like Jax Malot. I hope things are going well
Ronnie

Anonymous said...

I meant guy not gut that is weird
Ronnie

Char said...

Oh my heart is aching for you! I'm praying for Malot and for you and Brent too! Not much else I can do, but I can do that! So here are some of my favorite boy names (we've had to come up with a few...)
Gabriel(Gabe), Zachary(Zack), Nathan...,Stephen, Benjamin, Noah, Jesse, Ryan, Andrew, Joshua, Michael, William...
Hugs!

Rose Anne said...

Lori,
I think Matthew Malot Rosenlof sounds good.
I also like the name Jaden ( it means God has heard)
Praying that your adoption goes as fast as possible!
God bless,
Rose Anne

Olson Family said...

He looks like a James to me or a Noah.
But you have seen what I name my kids, so factor that in,lol.
Love you Lori and Brent!

Anonymous said...

I think he could be a Jimmy.

Post a Comment