Sunday, October 6, 2013

Birthday - N turns 6

Nathan turned 6 this past summer.  He was so excited to be growing up and could hardly wait for his birthday to come.

A couple of things I want to remember about this birthday for him:

The night before his birthday he said, 'Tomorrow, I'm six.  Does that mean my hands are going to get bigger?"

Somehow over night, this concept solidified with him.

When he woke up in the morning, he stumbled to the bathroom and I heard him exclaim, "I can see more of me in the mirror!" (because he was obviously taller overnight.  Then he came down the hall and stumbled again and I heard him say, "My balance isn't good yet because now I'm taller."

For his birthday, he received several Legos and he was thrilled.

Mama took the day off and Nathan and I rode the train to Salt Lake together.  Daddy and Sophia met us at the Children's Museum and we spent the afternoon there.
Then we came home to dinner with Grandmas, Grandpas, TiTi and Colly, and our neighbors.

And one point during the day, Nathan looked at me and said, "This is the best birthday ever!"




No comments:

Post a Comment