Thursday, July 4, 2013

Reflections

Have I told you that I love our fireplace?

We never use it.

I'm so glad we have it.

My children love to watch their reflections in the fireplace and we've captured some awesome moments that way.

Here's Nathan, last Christmas.    Nathan wants to do anything Brent does.  For Christmas, he wanted to be "a Seattle Seahawk" (which is Daddy's favorite NFL team).  So his big gift this last year was his very own NFL uniform.

He unwrapped it and immediately wanted to put it on.  

Then he stood, admiring his reflection in front of the fireplace. 

Seriously, how cute is that.... You can see we weren't even done with presents, but he was so excited to be a Seattle Seahawk.

Miss Sophia, who is a happy, cheerful child, loves to wear pretty dresses and LOVES to watch herself spinning in the fireplace reflection.

Here she is on Easter, loving her new dress.


Every time she gets dressed in the morning, the first thing she does is run down to the fireplace to spin in front of it and giggle at her reflection.

Love my fireplace and the glimpses it gives me into my children's hearts.

1 comment:

my pocketbook said...

Lori, my name is Barbara. I have carried around my notes from women's conference ever since that wonderful conference. I reread my notes from your talk almost daily. your words have greatly impacted me. I have been checking the women's conference website periodically to see if your talk might be rebroadcast. Tonight I decided to search for you by name. I came across an article about adopting that mentioned you had a blog. So here I am! Your talk greatly impacted me. I am old enough to be your mother but you taught me much. I would like to ask if I could have a copy of your talk. If it is something you don't want to share I certainly understand. But I want you to know that as scary as that experience must have been for you I know you were led and inspired. And I can tell you everyone around me felt the same way! If you don't mind sharing your talk my email address is wordywalls@yahoo.com. I look forward to hearing from you. Now I'm off to read your adoption stories....I have 3 adopted grandchildren. Thank you for words that are still sustaining me and inspiring me more than 2 months later! Barbara Ball, Oro Valley, AZ

Post a Comment