Friday, October 5, 2012

Hungry

We've had a food drive in our area and the local Scouts came around to pick up anything you left on your porch for donation.

I sat Nate down and asked him if he remembered what it was like to be hungry in Haiti and if he remembered how it felt to not have enough to eat.  Then I asked him if he wanted to go to the store with me to pick out some things that we could give to people that didn't have enough to eat here in America.  He thought that was pretty cool and was excited to go to the store.

Long story getting shorter.... a few minutes later he came out from his room with his piggy bank and said, "Here, Mama... you can use this to buy food for the people".

Sweet, sweet Little Man.

1 comment:

Misty Fowler said...

I'm curious, what did he say about what he remembered of being hungry? How much do you think he really remembers? My friends adopted a son last spring, from Ethiopia, and I often wonder how much he'll remember as he grows up, too.

Post a Comment